We believe in the value of being heard so we’ve aligned ourselves with a like-minded “feel-good” non-profit. Story Pirates Changemakers is an organization that celebrates the words and ideas of kids and enriches the lives of underprivileged students through confidence-building creative writing workshops, performances, and other school programs.
Our partnership with them includes the following:
- For every membership sold, Okay Humans is helping a kid attend a Story Pirates Changemakers workshop.
- Local events throughout the year where Okay Humans’ team members will have the opportunity to participate and volunteer.
- And… Story Spotlight! Periodically throughout the year, we will feature a young writer’s story on our email and social media channels.
Some Fun Facts About Story Pirates Changemakers
- They served more than 115,000 students throughout the 2019-2020 school year
- They have visited more than 350,000 schools all across America since 2005
- They provide positive, personalized feedback to approximately 15,000 stories written by kids each year
- 95% of parents indicated that Story Pirates increased their child’s interest in school overall
- 80% of teachers said that Story Pirates programming impacted them in the classroom
- The Story Pirates Podcast, featuring songs and sketches based on stories written by kids, has won both the iHeartRadio award and Webby award for Best Kids and Family Podcast